Colorful Corn 'n' Bean Salad
This quick recipe couldn’t be easier…the liquid from the corn relish makes the fuss-free dressing! And because there’s no mayo, it’s a perfect salad to bring along on summer outings.—TerryAnn Moore, Vineland, New Jersey
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 jar (13 ounces) corn relish
- 1/2 cup canned kidney beans
- 1/2 cup quartered cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet orange pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until
- serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1/2 cup equals 80 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 217 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 starch.