Colorful Chicken Stew Recipe
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 5 medium carrots, chopped
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 2 low-sodium chicken bouillon cubes
- Artificial sweetener equivalent to 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 cups cold water
- 1. In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first 12 ingredients. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Stir into chicken mixture. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until chicken and vegetables are tender. Yield: 10 servings.
1 cup: 123 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 209mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 11g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 lean meat, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Colorful Chicken Stew
"This is really bland... we didn't care much for it."