- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 3-inch strips
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen California-blend vegetables
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 package (16 ounces) angel hair pasta
- Shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a large skillet, saute the chicken in oil until lightly browned; sprinkle with the lemon-pepper. Add the frozen vegetables, tomatoes, onion, basil and onion powder. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 6-8 minutes or until chicken juices run clear and vegetables are tender
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Serve with chicken mixture. Serve with Parmesan cheese if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Colorful Chicken Pasta
"This was good. I did make some changes. I did not use the lemon pepper seasoning. My husband is not a lemon fan. Since I had chopped onion in the recipe already, I did not use the onion powder. I used fresh basil instead of dried basil and I also added some mushrooms."
"Delicious! I made one mistake by simmering for 10-12 mins instead of 6-8 with the lid on. I am an experienced cook and this really should not have made much of a difference. However, this short amount of extra time really soaked up a lot of the sauce. It was still a great meal but I would definitely recommend sticking with the 6-8 mins time frame."
"Very good! I had about 1/4 cup of fresh lemon juice in my fridge, so I decided to throw it in...it was amazing!"