I'm tired at the end of the workday, so fast meals are always appreciated. I came up with this pasta dish one night using ingredients we happened to have on hand. I knew it was a success when my husband, who doesn't even like chicken, couldn't stop eating it!
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 3-inch strips
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen California-blend vegetables
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 package (16 ounces) angel hair pasta
- Shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a large skillet, saute the chicken in oil until lightly browned; sprinkle with the lemon-pepper. Add the frozen vegetables, tomatoes, onion, basil and onion powder. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 6-8 minutes or until chicken juices run clear and vegetables are tender
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Serve with chicken mixture. Serve with Parmesan cheese if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Colorful Chicken Pasta in Quick Cooking January/February 2005, p37
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Colorful Chicken Pasta
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review