Colorful Chicken Fettuccine Recipe
- 10 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup julienned carrots
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute chicken in oil until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm. In the same pan, saute carrots for 1 minute. Add peppers and broccoli; saute 3-4 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, broth, lemon juice, salt and thyme until blended; stir into vegetables. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat. Stir in sour cream.
- 3. Drain fettuccine; place in a large bowl. Add the chicken, vegetable mixture and cheese; toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 340 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 50mg cholesterol, 650mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 26g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 3 very lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Colorful Chicken Fettuccine
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.