"This sure-fire entree is a delicious option if you ever find yourself in a time crunch. I like to prepare and freeze fresh veggies ahead of time for use in recipes like this one. Then, the rest is as easy as 1-2-3!" says Ginger Kelly, Cranberry Township, Pennsylvania.
Recommended: 50 Pasta Recipes from Around the World
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 10 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup julienned carrots
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute chicken in oil until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm. In the same pan, saute carrots for 1 minute. Add peppers and broccoli; saute 3-4 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, broth, lemon juice, salt and thyme until blended; stir into vegetables. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat. Stir in sour cream.
- Drain fettuccine; place in a large bowl. Add the chicken, vegetable mixture and cheese; toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Colorful Chicken Fettuccine in Taste of Home August/September 2006, p41
Reviews forColorful Chicken Fettuccine
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 27, 2009
"This was great. I felt that I was eating very healthy and my whole family enjoyed it. I would definitely make it again."