Colorful Chicken Croissants
A friend of mine invented this fruity chicken salad. I've made it many times, and guests are always surprised at the pleasant blend of tastes and textures. It's handy to take in a cooler to a picnic, where you can assemble the croissants on site.
-Shelia Lammers, Englewood, Colorado
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/4 cup diced celery
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 4 croissants, split
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients and salt if
- desired. Stir in the chicken. Spoon about 1/2 cup into each
- croissant. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (prepared with fat-free mayonnaise and without salt; calculated without croissant) equals 184 calories, 5 g fat (0 saturated fat), 43 mg cholesterol, 331 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 13 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fruit.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.