Colorful Chicken Croissants Recipe
- 1/4 cup diced celery
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 4 croissants, split
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients and salt if desired. Stir in the chicken. Spoon about 1/2 cup into each croissant. Yield: 4 servings.
One serving (prepared with fat-free mayonnaise and without salt; calculated without croissant) equals 184 calories, 5 g fat (0 saturated fat), 43 mg cholesterol, 331 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 13 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fruit.