A friend of mine invented this fruity chicken salad. I've made it many times, and guests are always surprised at the pleasant blend of tastes and textures. It's handy to take in a cooler to a picnic, where you can assemble the croissants on site. -Shelia Lammers, Englewood, Colorado
- 1/4 cup diced celery
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 4 croissants, split
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients and salt if desired. Stir in the chicken. Spoon about 1/2 cup into each croissant. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Colorful Chicken Croissants in Quick Cooking March/April 2000, p31
Reviews for Colorful Chicken Croissants
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 6, 2017
"This is very nice recipe. My family love this."
Reviewed Aug. 7, 2011
Reviewed Dec. 8, 2009
"My husband doesn't like celery, cranberries, or mayo BUT we both devoured this in minutes! YUM!"