Colorful Chicken Casserole Recipe
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 package (7 ounces) ready-cut spaghetti or elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, saute the celery, green pepper and onion in butter until tender. Add the broth, corn, peas, salt if desired and pepper; heat through. Stir in chicken and spaghetti.
- Divide between two 11 x 7 baking dishes coated with cooking spray. Top with mushrooms and cheese.
- Cover and freeze one casserole for up to 3 months. Cover and bake the second casserole at 350° for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake 10 minutes longer or until heated through.
- To use frozen casserole: Remove from the freezer 30 minutes before baking. Bake at 350° for 35 minutes. Uncover and bake 15 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 2 casseroles (4 servings each).
Reviews for Colorful Chicken Casserole(6)
Sort By :
I used wacky pasta because that is what I had. Next time I will omit the broth and add a can of cream of something soup. Needed more seasoning also. Maybe some herbs.
I wasn't impressed with this recipe. As others have said, it didn't have much flavor. With only the chicken stock added in the skillet, I wanted a more creamy sauce so I added some heavy cream. That helped but I wouldn't make this again.
I must admit that when I mixed it together, I didn't think it was going to be a keeper. I didn't have frozen peas so I substituted a can of them instead. Other than that, I followed the recipe. My hubby & I both thought it was quite good... 4-5 star recipe.
I have made this many times. We really enjoy this recipe because it does not require canned soups. It is like a very healthy chicken soup.
This tasted like everything in the kitchen sink poorly thrown together. It needed creaminess to it, and more cheese.
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Chicken >
- Baked Pasta >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Casserole >
- Chicken Casserole Recipes >
- Chicken Casseroles >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Freezer Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Corn Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >