Colorful Chicken and Rice Recipe
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup 4% cottage cheese
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1-1/2 cups crushed corn chips
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1. In a blender, combine the soup, sour cream, cottage cheese and cream cheese; cover and process until smooth. Transfer to a large bowl. Stir in the chicken, rice, Monterey Jack cheese, chilies, olives and garlic salt.
- 2. Pour into a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Just before serving, top with corn chips, lettuce and tomatoes. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 cup: 497 calories, 24g fat (12g saturated fat), 103mg cholesterol, 836mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 28g protein.
Reviews for Colorful Chicken and Rice
"This is one of my very favorite recipes!!!"
"This is my go-to chicken casserole. One of the very first TOH recipes I ever tried and continues to be a favorite 10 years later! I do use low-fat ingedients to bring the calorie count down."
"The recipe turned out ok and it was easy to make but it was kind of bland even with the onions I added. The wow factor just isn't there. The cottage cheese is unnecessary with the other two cheeses."
"I was surprised by this recipe as well. I was expecting it to be just another chicken casserole recipe, but it is far from that. It is now going to be a regular menu item."
"This is one of THE best recipes I have ever discovered and I have been cooking for a long, long time. My entire family loves this meal and it is so easy to improvise if you lack ingredients or if you have a picky eater! My husband doesn't like olives or chilies so those don't always make it in and it still tastes amazing. I make it about once every two weeks. It's wonderful!"
"This is one of my faves! If I don't have one of the ingrediants on hand, I will substitute (ex. sauteed green pepper and onion) or leave it out (cottage cheese) and it is still wonderful and quick!!!"
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.