Colorful Chicken and Rice Recipe
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup 4% cottage cheese
- 1 package (3 ounces) PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, cubed
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1-1/2 cups crushed corn chips
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- In a blender, combine the soup, sour cream, cottage cheese and cream cheese; cover and process until smooth. Transfer to a large bowl. Stir in the chicken, rice, Monterey Jack cheese, chilies, olives and garlic salt.
- Pour into a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Just before serving, top with corn chips, lettuce and tomatoes. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Colorful Chicken and Rice(5)
Sort By :
This is my go-to chicken casserole. One of the very first TOH recipes I ever tried and continues to be a favorite 10 years later! I do use low-fat ingedients to bring the calorie count down.
The recipe turned out ok and it was easy to make but it was kind of bland even with the onions I added. The wow factor just isn't there. The cottage cheese is unnecessary with the other two cheeses.
I was surprised by this recipe as well. I was expecting it to be just another chicken casserole recipe, but it is far from that. It is now going to be a regular menu item.
This is one of THE best recipes I have ever discovered and I have been cooking for a long, long time. My entire family loves this meal and it is so easy to improvise if you lack ingredients or if you have a picky eater! My husband doesn't like olives or chilies so those don't always make it in and it still tastes amazing. I make it about once every two weeks. It's wonderful!
This is one of my faves! If I don't have one of the ingrediants on hand, I will substitute (ex. sauteed green pepper and onion) or leave it out (cottage cheese) and it is still wonderful and quick!!!
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Chicken >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken and Rice >
- Chicken and Rice Casserole >
- Chicken Casserole >
- Chicken Casserole Recipes >
- Chicken Casseroles >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Mexican Casserole Recipes >
- Mexican Casseroles >
- Mexican Chicken Casserole >
- Mexican Chicken Recipes >
- Mexican Dinners >