Topped with crushed corn chips, shredded lettuce and chopped tomatoes, this marvelous meal-in-one is as pretty as it is tasty. I serve it to company along with bread and dessert, and it always gets compliments. —Dana Wise Quinter, Kansas
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup 4% cottage cheese
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1-1/2 cups crushed corn chips
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- In a blender, combine the soup, sour cream, cottage cheese and cream cheese; cover and process until smooth. Transfer to a large bowl. Stir in the chicken, rice, Monterey Jack cheese, chilies, olives and garlic salt.
- Pour into a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Just before serving, top with corn chips, lettuce and tomatoes. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Colorful Chicken and Rice in Quick Cooking March/April 2003, p31
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Colorful Chicken and Rice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review