Colorful Cheesy Vegetable Medley Recipe
Our small community is the cheese capital of Manitoba. This is a favorite recipe from my husband's aunt, who works at the local cheese factory.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 3 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 2 cups fresh cauliflowerets
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 3/4 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup cooked white rice
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the oil, carrots, celery, cauliflower, broccoli, ham and onion. Cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Stir in the rice; cook until heated through. Sprinkle with cheese. Remove from the heat; cover for 2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 277 calories, 19 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 44 mg cholesterol, 541 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 11 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC