Colorful Cheese Omelet
“When I start my day with this omelet, I’m able to go nonstop and know I’m getting valuable nutrients besides.”
Lynda O’Dell Lynch - Port Huron, Michigan
1 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh baby spinach
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg, egg whites, spinach and pepper sauce;
- set aside. In a small nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray,
- saute red pepper and onion until tender. Reduce heat to medium.
- Add egg mixture to skillet (mixture should set immediately at edges).
- As eggs set, push cooked edges toward the center, letting uncooked
- portion flow underneath. When the eggs are set, sprinkle with
- cheese; fold omelet in half. Slide omelet onto a plate. Yield: 1
Nutritional Facts: 1 omelet equals 167 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 227 mg cholesterol, 276 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 17 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 2 medium-fat meat.
Wine: Sparkling Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.