Colorful Candy Bar Cookies Recipe
- 1/2 tube refrigerated sugar cookie dough, softened
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 24 miniature Snickers candy bars
- Red and green colored sugar
- In a small bowl, beat cookie dough and flour until combined. Shape 1-1/2 teaspoonfuls of dough around each candy bar. Roll in colored sugar.
- Place 2 in. apart on parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Remove to wire racks. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Colorful Candy Bar Cookies
Sort By :
I have made these cookies for the holidays using red and green colored sugar, and they were a nice seasonal addition to the cookie tray. People like the surprise inside! I did not get quite as many cookies as the recipe indicated.
These cookies are a hit with my family and friends, everyone requests them at Christmas! I have tried to make with milky way also, but they didn't turn out so well, so I stick to the snickers. Great recipe!
I tried the with 1/2 of a mini mounds bar. They came out perfect. The ones I made with the snickers cracked and the caramel inside got hard. I only got 15 cookies out of 1/2 tube of dough.
To make the cookies round like in the picture, use only enough dough to barely cover the candy. Too much dough makes the cookies flat.
Mine did not make as many as the recipe said it would, but they did come out okay. Some leaked, but husband said it was just the caramel from the candy and it was tasty! A little time consuming, but worth it. Son put his in the microwave on the second day for about 10 second and boy, that them even better!