Colorful Candy Bar Cookies Recipe
No one will guess these sweet treats with the candy bar center start with store-bought dough. Roll them in colored sugar…or just dip the tops for even faster assembly. Instead of using miniature candy bars, slice regular size Snickers candy bars into 1-inch pieces for the centers. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 35 min. Bake: 10 min. YIELD:24 servings
- 1/2 tube refrigerated sugar cookie dough, softened
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 24 miniature Snickers candy bars
- Red and green colored sugar
- 1. In a small bowl, beat cookie dough and flour until combined. Shape 1-1/2 teaspoonfuls of dough around each candy bar. Roll in colored sugar.
- 2. Place 2 in. apart on parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Remove to wire racks. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 93 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 65 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC