- 1 tube (16-1/2 ounces) refrigerated sugar cookie dough, softened
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 40 miniature Snickers candy bars
- Red and green colored sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. Beat cookie dough and flour until combined. Shape 2 teaspoonfuls of dough around each candy bar. Roll in colored sugar.
- Place 2 in. apart on parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake until set, 9-11 minutes. Cool on pans 1 minute. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Reviews for Colorful Candy Bar Cookies
"When I made these last year, they spread out all over the cookie sheet--even though they tasted good, I really wanted them to look like the ones in the picture. This year I made my own sugar cookie dough-didn't add any extra flour because I forgot!-and then placed the balls of dough into greased regular size muffin tins. Amazingly, they kept their shape! I did chill the dough and freeze the candy (I cut the candy in half first) before making the cookies."
"I let the cookie dough sit for a bit and then added the flour, then used my hands after stirring with a spoon to get all the flour mixed into the dough. The cookies turned out great for me."
"These were fairly good. I used snickers and milky way. Time consuming but I froze the candy bar pieces and had no problem at all with the filling melting out when I baked them. I would highly recommend freezing the candy bars before filling the cookies and baking them."
"These were just ok. They turned hard and didn't have much flavor. Wont be making again."
"These did not turn out at all and I did 1/2 with snickers and the other 1/2 with 3 muskateers, both came out flat and tasted aweful."