Colorful Caesar Salad Recipe
We guarantee you'll enjoy our Test Kitchen's take on this classic salad. The dressing can be prepared up to 3 days in advance.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min. YIELD:12 servings
- 12 cups torn romaine
- 3 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 medium cucumber, halved and sliced
- 3 hard-cooked eggs
- 6 anchovy fillets
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1-1/2 cups Caesar salad croutons
- 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a large salad bowl, combine the romaine, tomatoes and cucumber. Slice eggs in half; remove yolks. (Refrigerate whites for another use.)
- 2. In a blender, combine the anchovies, vinegar, lemon juice, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, sugar, pepper and egg yolks; cover and process until smooth. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream.
- 3. Drizzle desired amount of dressing over salad and toss to coat. Sprinkle with croutons and cheese. Refrigerate any leftover dressing for up to 3 days. Yield: 12 servings.
1 cup equals 215 calories, 18 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 59 mg cholesterol, 321 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC