We guarantee you'll enjoy our take on this classic salad. The dressing can be prepared up to 3 days in advance. &mash;Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Featured In: 30 Salad Recipes Ready in 30 Minutes
- 12 cups torn romaine
- 3 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 medium cucumber, halved and sliced
- 3 hard-cooked eggs
- 6 anchovy fillets
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1-1/2 cups Caesar salad croutons
- 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large salad bowl, combine the romaine, tomatoes and cucumber. Slice eggs in half; remove yolks. (Refrigerate whites for another use.)
- In a blender, combine the anchovies, vinegar, lemon juice, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, sugar, pepper and egg yolks; cover and process until smooth. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream.
- Drizzle desired amount of dressing over salad and toss to coat. Sprinkle with croutons and cheese. Refrigerate any leftover dressing for up to 3 days. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Colorful Caesar Salad in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2006, p105
Reviews for Colorful Caesar Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 14, 2011
"Everytime I make this salad, someone asks for the recipe."
Reviewed Mar. 8, 2011
"This salad is so yummy!~ Theresa"