Colorful Cabbage Skillet
CRUNCHY and colorful, this side dish has the flavor and texture of creamy coleslaw, but it's served warm.
It's a nice change from typical vegetable dishes. I serve it often with any meat entree.
-Bernice Knutson, Soldier, Iowa
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 cup coarsely shredded cabbage
- 1/3 cup sliced celery
- 1/3 cup julienned carrot
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 3 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- Minced fresh parsley
- In a skillet, saute the cabbage, celery, carrot and onion in butter
- for 12 minutes or until crisp-tender. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Reduce heat; stir in cream. Cook and stir for 3 minutes or until
- heated through. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 155 calories, 14 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 748 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.