- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, diced
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, diced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 14 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, saute asparagus, mushrooms, peppers and onions in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add tomatoes; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, cream, Colby-Monterey Jack cheese, parsley, basil, salt and pepper; stir into vegetable mixture.
- Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, 45 minutes.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Reviews for Colorful Brunch Frittata
"This was delicious! I made it for a breakfast party at my work and everyone loved it. It made my kitchen smell amazing! This recipe is a keeper and I know I will use it a lot!"
"I made this recipe for my family's Christmas brunch and it was everyone's favorite! Be prepared to bake it longer and watch to make sure the top does not get too dark but I would definitely make this again. My husband said it is his new favorite egg casserole recipe!"