- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, diced
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, diced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 14 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, saute asparagus, mushrooms, peppers and onions in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add tomatoes; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, cream, Colby-Monterey Jack cheese, parsley, basil, salt and pepper; stir into vegetable mixture.
- Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, 45 minutes.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Originally published as Colorful Brunch Frittata in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2007 , p176
Reviews for Colorful Brunch Frittata
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 18, 2014
"This was delicious! I made it for a breakfast party at my work and everyone loved it. It made my kitchen smell amazing! This recipe is a keeper and I know I will use it a lot!"