Colorful Broccoli Rice
“I found this microwave-quick and simple recipe years ago. It’s a favorite with many meals.” Its buttery flavor and color make it a great side for all kinds of meats. Gale Lalmond - Deering, New Hampshire
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2/3 cup water
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium chicken bouillon granules
- 1 cup coarsely chopped fresh broccoli
- 1/2 cup Minute® Brown Rice
- 2 tablespoons chopped sweet red pepper
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine the water, butter and
- bouillon. Cover and microwave on high for 1-2 minutes; stir until
- blended. Add the broccoli, rice and red pepper. Cover and cook 6-7
- minutes longer or until broccoli is crisp-tender.
- Let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1/2 cup equals 136 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 197 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.