“I found this microwave-quick and simple recipe years ago. It’s a favorite with many meals.” Its buttery flavor and color make it a great side for all kinds of meats. Gale Lalmond - Deering, New Hampshire
- 2/3 cup water
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium chicken bouillon granules
- 1 cup coarsely chopped fresh broccoli
- 1/2 cup instant brown rice
- 2 tablespoons chopped sweet red pepper
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine the water, butter and bouillon. Cover and microwave on high for 1-2 minutes; stir until blended. Add the broccoli, rice and red pepper. Cover and cook 6-7 minutes longer or until broccoli is crisp-tender.
- Let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Colorful Broccoli Rice in Healthy Cooking June/July 2010, p57
Reviews for Colorful Broccoli Rice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review