- 2/3 cup water
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium chicken bouillon granules
- 1 cup coarsely chopped fresh broccoli
- 1/2 cup Minute® Brown Rice
- 2 tablespoons chopped sweet red pepper
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine the water, butter and bouillon. Cover and microwave on high for 1-2 minutes; stir until blended. Add the broccoli, rice and red pepper. Cover and cook 6-7 minutes longer or until broccoli is crisp-tender.
- Let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Colorful Broccoli Rice
Sort By :
Very good but I substituted chicken broth fo the water and boillion. Very pretty too.
My husband and I really liked this recipe - very flavorful and a good way to mix in the veggies. I did substitute regular rice for the instant brown rice and just did everything on the stove top. Great recipe.
My husband and I really liked this recipe. I doubled the recipe and increased the cooking time to 9 minutes. Turned out great. Flavorful and healthy.
More Recipe Collections
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Side Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >