- 1 cup frozen black-eyed peas
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn, thawed
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook peas according to package directions; drain. In a salad bowl, combine the peas, corn and onion.
- In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, oil, mustard, sugar, salt and pepper. Pour over vegetables and toss to coat. Serve warm or chilled. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Black-Eyed Pea Salad in Cooking for 2 Fall 2007, p58
Reviews for Colorful Black-Eyed Pea Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 18, 2012
This is a healthy, bright salad. I would definitely recommend using fresh sweet corn for the sweet crunch. Hubby just looked at it so I finished the second serving the next day. The flavor of the onion had intensified overnight, which was good too.