Colorful Black Bean Salad Recipe
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 medium sweet yellow or green pepper, julienned
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a salad bowl, combine the beans, tomatoes, yellow pepper, onions and cilantro. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine dressing ingredients; shake well. Drizzle over vegetables and toss to coat. Chill until serving. Yield: 8 servings.
One serving (3/4 cup) equals 137 calories, 4 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 480 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 lean meat.
Reviews for Colorful Black Bean Salad
"My whole family really likes this salad. I have taken the salad to work pot lucks and it was well liked there also."
"A wonderful summer salad. I have been making this salad, with my garden's help, since I found this recipe in 2002. I lost all my Quick Cooking magazines, this website is an excellent resource for me."