Colorful Black Bean Salad Recipe
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 medium sweet yellow or green pepper, julienned
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a salad bowl, combine the beans, tomatoes, yellow pepper, onions and cilantro. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine dressing ingredients; shake well. Drizzle over vegetables and toss to coat. Chill until serving. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup: 137 calories, 4g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 480mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 7g fiber), 6g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 lean meat.
Reviews for Colorful Black Bean Salad
"This salad was so easy to make and absolutely delicious! I'm always looking for great recipes to showcase my garden produce and this one was perfect! I can't wait to make it again!"