Cherry tomatoes and yellow pepper add splashes of color this black bean salad. "I like to let it stand for at least 15 minutes before serving to allow the flavors to blend," suggests Laurie Mace of Los Osos, California.
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 medium sweet yellow or green pepper, julienned
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a salad bowl, combine the beans, tomatoes, yellow pepper, onions and cilantro. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine dressing ingredients; shake well. Drizzle over vegetables and toss to coat. Chill until serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Colorful Black Bean Salad in Quick Cooking July/August 2002, p42
Reviews for Colorful Black Bean Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review