Colorful Beef Wraps Recipe
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (1 pound), cut into thin strips
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce, divided
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 medium red onion, cut into wedges
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jar (7 ounces) roasted sweet red peppers, drained and cut into strips
- 1/4 cup dry red wine or reduced-sodium beef broth
- 6 tablespoons fat-free ranch salad dressing
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 1-1/2 cups torn iceberg lettuce
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute beef, pepper and 2 tablespoons soy sauce in 2 teaspoons oil until meat is no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. Saute the onion and garlic in remaining oil for 1 minute. Stir in the red peppers, wine and remaining soy sauce; bring to a boil. Return beef to the pan; simmer for 5 minutes or until heated through.
- 3. Spread ranch dressing over one side of each tortilla; sprinkle with lettuce, tomato and green onions. Spoon about 3/4 cup beef mixture down the center of each tortilla; roll up. Yield: 6 servings.
1 wrap equals 325 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 43 mg cholesterol, 830 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 20 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Colorful Beef Wraps
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.