- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 pound boneless beef sirloin steak, thinly sliced
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1-1/2 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1 small green pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 small onion, cut into chunks
- 1 medium carrot, julienned
- 1/4 cup sliced celery
- 1 small zucchini, julienned
- 1/2 cup fresh snow peas
- 1/2 cup canned bean sprouts, rinsed and drained
- Hot cooked rice or linguine, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Place beef in a large resealable plastic bag; add half of the marinade. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and broth until smooth. Stir in reserved marinade; set aside. Drain and discard marinade from beef. In a large nonstick skillet or wok coated with cooking spray, cook beef in 1 teaspoon oil until no longer pink; drain. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same pan, stir-fry green pepper and onion in remaining oil for 2 minutes. Add carrot and celery; cook 2-3 minutes longer. Add zucchini and snow peas; stir-fry for 1 minute. Stir in bean sprouts and heat through.
- Stir broth mixture and stir into vegetable mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Return beef to the pan; heat through. Serve over rice or linguine if desired. Yield: 4 cups.
Originally published as Colorful Beef Stir-Fry in Cooking for 2 Spring 2007, p10
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Colorful Beef Stir-Fry
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 26, 2010
This was very good. I added more vegetables and a lot more bean sprouts (I love them.) It would be good with chicken too I think.
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner for Two >
- Dinner For Two Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Pea Recipes >