My bean salad is a mainstay, both for family meals and neighborhood potlucks. People rave about the cumin dressing with its zesty flavor. The salad tastes even better when made ahead and marinated in the fridge overnight.—Beth Brown, Naples, Florida
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (11 ounces) Mexicorn, drained
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Add the beans, corn and onions; stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Colorful Bean Salad in Country Woman May/June 2002, p39
Reviews for Colorful Bean Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 25, 2014
"Love this salad. my husband asks for it often and it is very simple."
Reviewed Jan. 17, 2011
"This was so simple, healthy and delicious. Fantastic alone, my kids loved it with chips too. It will definitely become a regular go to side dish from now on. LOVED it!"