Colorado Peach Cobbler Recipe
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 cups sliced peeled fresh peaches
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup cold butter
- 1 egg, beaten
- Ice cream, optional
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, flour and nutmeg. Add peaches; stir to coat. Pour into a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking pan.
- For topping, in a small bowl, combine sugar, flour, baking powder and salt; cut in the butter until the mixture resembles fine crumbs. Stir in egg. Spoon over peaches.
- Bake at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until filling is bubbly and topping is golden. Serve hot or cold with ice cream if desired. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews for Colorado Peach Cobbler(26)
Sort By :
Made this recently and served warm with ice cream. The only change I would make is to add my sugar to peaches to sugar and let them set awhile to get more juice.Other than it being a little drier than I would like ( my peaches probably were not as ripe and juicy as I would have liked) it was delicious!
Very delicious! I added a cup of blueberries mixed into the peaches and also used 1/2c sugar in the peach mixture and 3/4 c sugar for the topping. Would definitely make again.
I just realized I had never rated this! I've had this recipe around for many years! It is the best!
I used 5c. peaches, 3T. flour & 1/8 t. cinnamon in the peach mixture. Was very good.