- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 cups sliced peeled fresh peaches
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup cold butter
- 1 egg, beaten
- Ice cream, optional
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, flour and nutmeg. Add peaches; stir to coat. Pour into a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking pan.
- For topping, in a small bowl, combine sugar, flour, baking powder and salt; cut in the butter until the mixture resembles fine crumbs. Stir in egg. Spoon over peaches.
- Bake at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until filling is bubbly and topping is golden. Serve hot or cold with ice cream if desired. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews for Colorado Peach Cobbler
Sort By :
"Based on all the review comments, I felt that I had to start somewhere "new". This is one of the better cobblers I have had! So...the secret to my success is: cut down the sugar in the fruit mixture to 1/2 cup. I used canned peaches that were put up by a friend and I knew they were not overly sweet. I drained all the juice from the peaches before I put them in the mixing bowl. I deleted the nutmeg and replaced with 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon. For the topping, I reduced the sugar to 3/4 cup and the salt to 1/2 teaspoon. The result was great! I wouldn't change a thing from my "new" version of this recipe."
"OVERLY SWEET MUSHY MESS !SORRY the peach cobbler did not taste as good as it looks.Recipe is TOOO SWEET and I love sweet, sooo decrease sugar before making this.PEACH JUICE?? Peaches became very juicy following addition of sugar. No guidance on whether to add the juice along with peaches (or how much of it) so I included all of it.Ended up with a OVERLY SWEET MUSHY MESS. Waste of my time and my fresh peaches !!But WHO READS all the comments before making a recipe?CHANGE the recipe to include options so people are aware !"
"Made this recently and served warm with ice cream. The only change I would make is to add my sugar to peaches to sugar and let them set awhile to get more juice.Other than it being a little drier than I would like ( my peaches probably were not as ripe and juicy as I would have liked) it was delicious!"
"Very delicious! I added a cup of blueberries mixed into the peaches and also used 1/2c sugar in the peach mixture and 3/4 c sugar for the topping. Would definitely make again."