Collard Greens and Onions
Healthy sauteed collard greens topped with garlic and onion. Brought to you by dLife®
12 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Cook: 10 min.
- 6 lb chopped fresh collard greens
- 4 quarts cold water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups minced onion
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In large stock pot, boil 4 quarts of water.
- Place half collard greens in pot. Cook 4 minutes.
- With slotted spoon, remove greens and place on paper towels to drain.
- Cook remaining greens following steps 2 & 3.
- In large pot, heat oil over medium.
- Add onion and garlic, cook 3 minutes.
- Mix in collard greens and salt. Cook 3 minutes. Serve.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 82 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 225 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.