- 1 pound collard greens
- 1 cup refrigerated fully cooked barbecued shredded pork
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (16 ounces) egg roll wrappers
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Thai sweet chili sauce
- Trim collard greens, discarding thick ribs and stems. Coarsely chop leaves. In a large saucepan, bring 1/2 in. of water to a boil. Add greens; cook, covered, until they begin to wilt, 8-10 minutes. Drain, squeezing out as much water as possible.
- Preheat oven to 425°. Combine greens, pork, cream cheese, onion and seasonings until well blended. With one corner of an egg roll wrapper facing you, place 1/4 cup pork filling just below center of wrapper. (Cover remaining wrappers with a damp paper towel until ready to use.) Fold bottom corner over filling; moisten remaining wrapper edges with water. Fold side corners toward center over filling. Roll egg roll up tightly, pressing at tip to seal. Repeat until all filling is used.
Place egg rolls on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet; brush with melted butter. Bake until golden brown, 15-20 minutes. Serve with sweet chili sauce.
- Freeze option: Cover and freeze unbaked egg rolls on waxed paper-lined baking sheets until firm. Transfer to resealable plastic freezer bags; return to freezer. To use, bake egg rolls as directed. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Collard Green & Pulled Pork Egg Rolls in Taste of Home February/March 2017
Enjoy this recipe with a blush wine such as White Zinfandel or a Rosé.
Reviews for Collard Green & Pulled Pork Egg Rolls
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review