Coleslaw for 50
With this tried-and-true recipe, you can steer clear of the deli counter and make homemade coleslaw with confidence. It pairs well with any entree, and it's cheaper than store-bought, too.Marjorie Arp, Walnut, Iowa
50 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + standing
- 12 pounds cabbage
- 12 medium green peppers
- 3 cups white vinegar
- 3 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 3 cups mayonnaise
- Chop or shred cabbage very fine. Place in several large bowls; cover
- and chill. Cut the green peppers into thin strips. Place in a very
- bowl; cover and chill.
- In a large bowl, combine the vinegar, sugar, salt, pepper and
- paprika. Pour over cabbage. Toss to coat Let stand for 15 minutes;
- drain well. Add green peppers and mayonnaise; lightly toss to coat.
- Yield: 50 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 177 calories, 11 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 517 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein.