Coleslaw Beef Fried Rice Recipe
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon olive oil, divided
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 beef top sirloin steaks (5 ounces each), cut into thin strips
- 2-1/2 cups coleslaw mix
- 1/2 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 4 cups cold cooked Minute® White Rice
- 3 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large skillet or wok, heat 1 tablespoon oil until hot. Add eggs; cook and stir over medium heat until completely set. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. In the same pan, stir-fry the beef, coleslaw, asparagus and onion in remaining oil for 4-6 minutes or until beef is no longer pink and vegetables are crisp-tender.
- 3. Add rice and butter; cook and stir over medium heat for 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Add eggs; stir in soy sauce and pepper. Yield: 6 servings.
1-1/3 cups equals 353 calories, 15 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 149 mg cholesterol, 581 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 23 g protein.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.