End the day with Asian flavors. Moist beef strips partner with crisp asparagus and coleslaw in this standout medley.
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon olive oil, divided
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 beef top sirloin steaks (5 ounces each), cut into thin strips
- 2-1/2 cups coleslaw mix
- 1/2 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 4 cups cold cooked instant rice
- 3 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet or wok, heat 1 tablespoon oil until hot. Add eggs; cook and stir over medium heat until completely set. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same pan, stir-fry the beef, coleslaw, asparagus and onion in remaining oil for 4-6 minutes or until beef is no longer pink and vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Add rice and butter; cook and stir over medium heat for 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Add eggs; stir in soy sauce and pepper. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Beef Fried Rice in Simple & Delicious May/June 2008, p8
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Coleslaw Beef Fried Rice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review