- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon olive oil, divided
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 beef top sirloin steaks (5 ounces each), cut into thin strips
- 2-1/2 cups coleslaw mix
- 1/2 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 4 cups cold cooked Minute® White Rice
- 3 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet or wok, heat 1 tablespoon oil until hot. Add eggs; cook and stir over medium heat until completely set. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same pan, stir-fry the beef, coleslaw, asparagus and onion in remaining oil for 4-6 minutes or until beef is no longer pink and vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Add rice and butter; cook and stir over medium heat for 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Add eggs; stir in soy sauce and pepper. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Coleslaw Beef Fried Rice(3)
Sort By :
We loved it. I use whole grain brown rice instead of instant, so I cooked the rice in my rice cooker earlier in the day, which made putting this all together a snap. Bagged coleslaw made this filling and easy. My kids even had seconds and thirds of this dish. I also don't use reduced sodium soy, so I don't know if that would affect the taste.
Great favor. I used left over medium-rare tri-tip, sliced thin and in 1 in pieces. I added 2 cloves of crushed garlic, a little grated ginger, and some crushed pepper flakes. Really yummy.
Good! I replaced the asparagus w/ frozen brocolli. I also added minced garlic when cooking the beef and a few sprinkles of beef buillion and a tiny bit of water when I added the veggies. I also added a shake or two of the crushed red pepper to give it some zip. It turned out great!
More Recipe Collections
- Asian Dinners >
- Asian Recipes >
- Asparagus Recipes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinners >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Rice Dinner >
- Rice Recipes >