Cold Vermicelli Salad Recipe
Susan Miller of West, Texas notes, "This recipe makes a refreshing light lunch for a pair on a hot day, but it can easily be doubled for a potluck, I make it a day ahead so the flavors can blend."
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. + chilling YIELD:2 servings
- 1 cup cooked vermicelli
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup pickled whole mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup fat-free Italian salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons sliced ripe olives
- 1 tablespoon diced pimientos
- 1 teaspoon Salad Supreme Seasoning
- 1. In a serving bowl, combine all of the ingredients; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Yield: 2 servings.
3/4 cup equals 144 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 628 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 starch.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC