Cold Shrimp Pasta Salad
"This salad combines two of my favorite foods: pasta and shrimp. It 's a perfect side for a grilled steak but goes just as well with hamburgers and hot dogs. I've made this many times over the years."
—Traci K Wynne, Denver, Pennsylvania
6 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 4 cups uncooked small pasta shells
- 1 pound cooked small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1-1/2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh dill
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold
- water. In a large bowl, combine the shrimp, peas, green onions and
- parsley. Stir in the pasta.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour over pasta
- mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/2 cups equals 391 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 153 mg cholesterol, 430 mg sodium, 55 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 27 g protein.