Cold Raspberry Soup
"I received this recipe 20 years ago and improved upon it," says Nola Rice of Miami, Arizona. "I serve my friends this delightful soup for lunch, usually with a large tomato stuffed with chicken or shrimp salad and homemade rolls."
4-6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 4 cups fresh or frozen raspberries, thawed
- 1/4 cup dry red wine or white grape juice plus 1 teaspoon dry red wine or white grape juice
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- In a blender or food processor, combine the first three ingredients;
- cover and process until pureed. Strain seeds if desired. Transfer to
- a large bowl; whisk in sour cream until blended. Cover and
- refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 192 calories, 7 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 21 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.