Cold Raspberry Soup
"I received this recipe 20 years ago and improved upon it," says Nola Rice of Miami, Arizona. "I serve my friends this delightful soup for lunch, usually with a large tomato stuffed with chicken or shrimp salad and homemade rolls."
4-6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 4 cups fresh or frozen raspberries, thawed
- 1/4 cup dry red wine or white grape juice plus 1 teaspoon dry red wine or white grape juice
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- In a blender or food processor, combine the first three ingredients;
- cover and process until pureed. Strain seeds if desired. Transfer to
- a large bowl; whisk in sour cream until blended. Cover and
- refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 192 calories, 7 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 21 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 2 g protein.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied red wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Mike Ditka "The Coach" Cabernet Sauvignon CA 2011
, a full-bodied, big bold cab with all of the dark fruit notes and structure that a great cab needs. Buy now and get 6 bottles, plus free shipping. Order Now