Cold Day Chili Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup water
- 1 to 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large saucepan, cook beef and onion over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 331 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 1028mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 9g fiber), 29g protein.
Reviews for Cold Day Chili
"I prepared this recipe when my children had a snow day off from school (we live near Buffalo, NY). I had all the ingredients on hand and wanted to try it because it didn't call for anything too spicy. I did change the spices up a bit though. Instead of chili powder I used Southwestern Seasoning Mix from The Pampered Chef. (I am a consultant.) I served this chili with rice, which my kids love. Overall is a good recipe, but not exactly top notch."