These appealing kabobs from Sherine Gilmour of Brooklyn, New York will add pizzazz to any party...and you don't even have to get out the grill!
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 5 ounces cubed part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 18 cherry or grape tomatoes
- Combine the salt, chili powder and pepper; rub into chicken cubes. Transfer to a large bowl; add vinegar. Cover and refrigerate for 3-4 hours.
- In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil until no longer pink. Cool slightly. Alternately thread chicken, cheese and tomatoes onto wooden skewers. Serve cold. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Cold Chicken-Cheese Kabobs in Taste of Home October/November 2003, p61
Reviews for Cold Chicken-Cheese Kabobs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 19, 2013
"We've made this recipe several times over the last few years and have made some changes. We marinate the chicken for 5-6 hours. Next time we may marinate the tomatoes too."