Cold Bean Salad Recipe
Ann Mulford's recipe for Two-Bean Salad doesn't disappoint. The Lincolnville, Maine, reader says, “This mixed salad sure is a winner. I make it a day or so ahead of time and it marinates in the refrigerator. It's simple, just stir every 12 hours.” She adds, “And leftovers are great over rice or noodles.”
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 20 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2/3 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (3.8 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup each chopped green, sweet red and orange peppers
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the beans, cheese, onion, olives, celery and peppers. Drizzle with vinaigrette; toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 225 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 529 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 10 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC