Cold Bean Salad Recipe
Ann Mulford's recipe for Two-Bean Salad doesn't disappoint. The Lincolnville, Maine, reader says, “This mixed salad sure is a winner. I make it a day or so ahead of time and it marinates in the refrigerator. It's simple, just stir every 12 hours.” She adds, “And leftovers are great over rice or noodles.”
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2/3 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (3.8 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup each chopped green, sweet red and orange peppers
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the beans, cheese, onion, olives, celery and peppers. Drizzle with vinaigrette; toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 6 servings.
3/4 cup: 225 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 529mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 7g fiber), 10g protein .
Reviews for Cold Bean Salad
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC