My family loves potato dishes, and this is one of our favorites. It's easy to assemble because it calls for frozen hash browns, so there's no peeling or slicing potatoes. When I take it to potlucks, I always return with an empty dish.—Kimberly Lund, Park City, Kansas
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Dash garlic powder
- 1 package (30 ounces) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Colby cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the milk, broth, 1 tablespoon butter, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Stir in hash browns. heat remaining butter in a large nonstick skillet. Add hash brown mixture. Cook and stir over medium heat until potatoes are heated through. Stir in cheese.
- Transfer to a greased shallow 2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Colby Hash Browns in Quick Cooking January/February 2004, p6
Reviews for Colby Hash Browns
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review