- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Dash garlic powder
- 1 package (30 ounces) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Colby cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the milk, broth, 1 tablespoon butter, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Stir in hash browns. heat remaining butter in a large nonstick skillet. Add hash brown mixture. Cook and stir over medium heat until potatoes are heated through. Stir in cheese.
- Transfer to a greased shallow 2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Colby Hash Browns
"great side dish!! Made this for our family cook out. I broiled the potatoes a little bit to crisp the tops up. Really good! Will make again. The leftovers will make great potato cakes!"
"Another recipe that I always return too."
"This is yummy. It is lighter tasting than those with sour cream and chicken or potato soup but just as good!"
"Easy, good recipe."
"I've made this plenty of times. It is delicious!"