Colby Hash Browns Recipe
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Dash garlic powder
- 1 package (30 ounces) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Colby cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the milk, broth, 1 tablespoon butter, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Stir in hash browns. heat remaining butter in a large nonstick skillet. Add hash brown mixture. Cook and stir over medium heat until potatoes are heated through. Stir in cheese.
- Transfer to a greased shallow 2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Colby Hash Browns(9)
Sort By :
Another recipe that I always return too.
This is yummy. It is lighter tasting than those with sour cream and chicken or potato soup but just as good!
Easy, good recipe.
I've made this plenty of times. It is delicious!
This wasn't bad, but not my favorite cheesy hashbrown recipe. I agree with the reviewer who said the potatoes should be thawed first, and also about it being too salty. Next time I would definitely skip the added salt.