- 6 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cans (14-3/4 ounces each) cream-style corn
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 3 cups milk
- 8 ounces Colby cheese, cubed
- Place potatoes in a Dutch oven or large soup kettle; sprinkle with salt and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until potatoes are tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in corn and bacon; heat through. Drain potatoes. Add milk; heat through. Stir in corn mixture and cheese. Serve immediately. Yield: 12-14 servings (about 3 quarts).
Reviews for Colby Corn Chowder
"My mom made this for Christmas a few years ago and I asked for the recipe the same night! Very good and easy to make!! I will be making this again this winter for sure :)"
"My whole family loves it, especially my 8-year old granddaughter. It's one of her favorites."
"I made this soup last night and my husband and I both loved it - can't wait to eat the leftovers."