Cola Hot Wings
These delectable wings are so easy to make, and they offer year-round versatility, from summer cookouts to autumn tailgates. My husband likes them so much he'll stand out in the snow to grill them! —Lisa Linville, Randolph, Nebraska
30 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Grill: 40 min.
- 3 pounds chicken wings
- 1 cup Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 1 can (12 ounces) cola
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Blue cheese salad dressing
- Cut chicken wings into three sections; discard wing tip sections. In
- a small bowl, combine hot sauce, cola, soy sauce, cayenne and
- Prepare grill for indirect heat, using a drip pan. Moisten a paper
- towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, rub on grill rack
- to coat lightly. Grill chicken wings, covered, over indirect medium
- heat 10 minutes. Grill 30-40 minutes longer, turning occasionally
- and basting frequently with sauce until wings are nicely glazed.
- Serve with salad dressing. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 chicken wing (calculated without salad dressing) equals 57 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 48 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as