Cola Hot Wings Recipe
- 3 pounds chicken wings
- 1 cup Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 1 can (12 ounces) cola
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Blue cheese salad dressing
- 1. Cut chicken wings into three sections; discard wing tip sections. In a small bowl, combine hot sauce, cola, soy sauce, cayenne and pepper.
- 2. Prepare grill for indirect heat, using a drip pan. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, rub on grill rack to coat lightly. Grill chicken wings, covered, over indirect medium heat 10 minutes. Grill 30-40 minutes longer, turning occasionally and basting frequently with sauce until wings are nicely glazed. Serve with salad dressing. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
1 chicken wing (calculated without salad d: 57 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 48mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, trace fiber), 5g protein
Reviews for Cola Hot Wings
"We tried this recipe for the 4th of July and found it to be good with a kick from the hot sauce. It did not have quite the glaze that I was looking for but everyone enjoyed them."
"These were tender and flavorful but needed a bit more kick."
"This isn't anything special. The blue cheese dipping-sauce was the most flavorful part."
"Wings were ok. I have much better wing recipes. May try again with some adjustments."
"I never knew basting without marinading could be so flavorful! Spicy and sweet. Yum."
"This was a great recipe! I substituted the wings for chicken breast strips and grilled directly on the grill and it was great! My husband and his family all loved it too and they are definitely picky eaters!"
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer