Cola Chicken Recipe
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 can (12 ounces) cola
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 1. In a large skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add chicken; brown on all sides. Carefully add cola, ketchup, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted in the chicken reads 170°. Remove the chicken and keep warm.
- 2. Combine the cornstarch and cold water until smooth; gradually add to the skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Return chicken to pan; heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 211 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 804 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.
Enjoy this recipe with a blush wine such as White Zinfandel or a Rosé.