Cola Chicken Recipe
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 can (12 ounces) cola
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 1. In a large skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add chicken; brown on all sides. Carefully add cola, ketchup, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in the chicken reads 170°. Remove the chicken and keep warm.
- 2. Combine the cornstarch and cold water until smooth; gradually add to the skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Return chicken to pan; heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 211 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 804mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Cola Chicken
"My family gets excited when I make this and it's so easy. I have frozen sauce that was left over and used it for another time and it worked out great."
"I have been making this sense I found it in a Taste of Home Magazine years ago."
"Just made this for the family and there was none left very good"
"This is a recipe my big sister used to make, it was so fun to make it again! Yum. I added a bit of liquid smoke and used less ketchup in the sauce."
"Coming from a family that enjoys zesty, flavorful food, this was a nice surprise. I used one of the more spicer ketchups which made for a deeper flavor. I will definitely make this again!"
"My boyfriend and I wanted to cook something for dinner instead of eating out. He wanted chicken and I wanted something easy so we searched and came across this. It was amazing. The flavor was spectacular, and it was easy and fun to cook! I will definitely make this again for the rest of my family."
"My picky kids and picky husband all loved it. I made plenty of sauce to go over rice, too. Just be sure not to over-simmer the chicken, or it will toughen up. Very good recipe!"
"It wasn't bad, it wasn't very good. It honestly was pretty bland. It tasted basically like chicken with catsup on it. I can understand why children would like it, but it's very boring..."
"This is a great recipe! Full of flavor and very tasty!~ Theresa"
"Was really good and quick!"
"My family loves this. It's easy,, inexpensive and uses ingredients I always have on hand. It's a keeper!"
"I was suprised as to how tasty this recipe was. My husband loved it and he is the pickiest eater I know. I cook it once every other week for him."
"This is by far my favorite recipe! I just recently made it for my mother-in-law for a mother's day supper and it was a big hit!"