Cola Chicken Recipe
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 can (12 ounces) cola
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- In a large skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add chicken; brown on all sides. Carefully add cola, ketchup, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted in the chicken reads 170°. Remove the chicken and keep warm.
- Combine the cornstarch and cold water until smooth; gradually add to the skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Return chicken to pan; heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a blush wine such as White Zinfandel or a Rosé.
Reviews for Cola Chicken
Sort By :
"Just made this for the family and there was none left very good"
"This is a recipe my big sister used to make, it was so fun to make it again! Yum. I added a bit of liquid smoke and used less ketchup in the sauce."
"This is one of our regular rotation recipes. It is quick and easy to make, and chicken comes out very tender and moist. You can easily make 6-8 chicken breasts with this recipe since it makes so much sauce."
"Coming from a family that enjoys zesty, flavorful food, this was a nice surprise. I used one of the more spicer ketchups which made for a deeper flavor. I will definitely make this again!"
"My boyfriend and I wanted to cook something for dinner instead of eating out. He wanted chicken and I wanted something easy so we searched and came across this. It was amazing. The flavor was spectacular, and it was easy and fun to cook! I will definitely make this again for the rest of my family."