A friend who's an excellent cook shared this hamburger recipe with me, and it has since become a family favorite. The unusual combination of cola and French salad dressing added to the ground beef gives it fabulous flavor. The mixture is also used as a basting sauce on the moist burgers.
-Melva Baumer, Millmont, Pennsylvania
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1/2 cup cola, divided
- 1/2 cup crushed saltines (about 15)
- 6 tablespoons French salad dressing, divided
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 6 hamburger buns, split
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, 1/4 cup cola, cracker crumbs, 2
- tablespoons salad dressing, Parmesan cheese and salt. Crumble beef
- over mixture and mix well. Shape into six 3/4-in. thick patties (the
- mixture will be moist).
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining cola and salad dressing; set
- Grill patties, uncovered, over medium-hot heat for 3 minutes on each
- side. Brush with cola mixture. Grill 8-10 minutes longer or until a
- meat thermometer reads 160°, basting and turning occasionally.
- Serve on buns. Yield: 6 servings.
Editor's Note: Diet cola is not recommended for this recipe.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 461 calories, 24 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 112 mg cholesterol, 714 mg sodium,